AD DYNAMO

Thursday 10 April 2014

Photo: Woman caught stealing baby through window in Ogun state

31year old Blessing Aransiola was caught in the early hours of this morning April 10th allegedly trying to steal a 1 year old girl, Oreoluwa Adanri, from her parents home at Ademola Coker Street, Alagbole, Ogun State, PM News reports.

Narrating what happened, Oreoluwa's mother, Mrs Adanri said Blessing gained entrance into their home around 4am by tearing their window net as they slept. She said she was woken up by the cry of her daughter in the hands of the suspect.
    "She picked up the baby as she was sleeping on the bed by the window and stole N5,000 kept in a purse. She was trying to run away when my husband ran after her and caught her. I raised an alarm to draw neighbours’ attention to the incident and everybody came out to assist us,” Mrs. Adanri narrated.
Blessing was arrested and immediately taken to the Ajuwon station where she is being held for kidnapping.
In her statement, Blessing said she was homeless and was looking for a place to sleep when she found the passage of the Adanri's

    "I was looking for a place to sleep when I saw the verandah. I was trying to sit down when the net got torn. I was wandering about, I didn’t steal any baby or money. Last year November I sustained injury on my leg and I couldn’t walk properly again. Later, I developed problems in my eyes and I couldn’t see properly again. Since then I have been moving about,”

    “I am not a thief. They accused me of kidnapping but I am not a kidnapper, I was just wandering about because I have nowhere to sleep. I did not kidnap any child,” she stated.

Blessing says this is not the first time she has been wrongly labeled a thief, as she was thrown out from her former abode at no 5, Modupeola Street, Iju-Ishaga, by her landlord after her co-tenants labeled her a thief.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LindaOnu's Followers